Sunday, April 17, 2011

Home from Brainerd~

We got back around 6 last night.  My mom ended up going with us.  Its always nice to get away for a night, but sometimes I think its something that should be saved for when no kids have to come along.  It was a fun time, and I enjoyed Sami, James and her cute little pets, but it was stressful.  It seems whenever I do things like this I usually come back feeling a little disappointed because I see how miserably I have failed in the area of discipline and my kids.  I have a very high spirited child, and along with that comes stuff.  Guess I don't know what else to call it.  And I prove over and over to myself that I am not equipped to handle it, and it has taken control.  At this point in time, I feel I have a child who has no respect for me, and thats a hard pill to swallow because really that is my own fault.  But I don't know how to change that.  Guess I better bury my nose in some books, maybe look at attending a seminar?  And praying some more.  Sitting around feeling bad, or like a failure sure isn't going to help fix this situation, is it?  ;o)

Don't get me wrong.  It was nice.  There were moments that were fun.  And I'm glad I went.
Here are a couple of pics of Emily and Caleb with James.
We watched the movie Tangled, Sami made some great pork chops and potatoes on the grill.  And we got about 2 inches or so of snow.  That melted before we had to leave though.  Her goats are my favorite I think.  I could see myself having a goat.  (No worries....not gonna happen)  But she has one that is a caramel color with a black blaze running down her back and she is as sweet as a puppy! I did enjoy seeing all the babies.   I will say a positive thing I came home with is a goal to someday become as self sufficient as Sami is.  That woman can do anything and everything by herself.  Part of that may be because she's been forced to learn this stuff, but either way, she is to be admired for her abilities!  She can build rabbit hutches, and I mean NICE hutches, she takes care of all those animals, her yard, her house, her vehicle, her child.  She does this all alone.  She does it with a happy attitude, and I admire her for that.  How nice to not have to worry how things will get done because she knows how to do it, and if she doesn't know how, I guarantee you she is going to find out how. She has been through a lot, and has handled it all with such grace.  Amazing.

Have a nice Sunday all.
Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.