Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Being a child can be so tough!

Last night, Emily, Caleb, and their friend Koriah spent a couple of hours working on their fort in our back yard.  They have made many "rough drafts", but last night they finally got it.  They knew what they wanted, and they worked long, and they worked diligently.  They constructed this awesome looking tepee type fort.  It was wrapped in tarp, had a door, and lots of space inside to sit in.  They wrote that it is "Fort Coolsville" population "us" on it.  (that is from the movie Iron Giant.....great movie by the way)

So when I got home from going out to dinner with my mom....(er...should I say helping her clean??!!) they were so psyched for me to see it!  So I went into the back yard, proudly praised them for their hard work, and started looking to help find a make shift table for them.  During all this process, somehow one of the main pieces of wood holding it together moved just a little bit, so we decided since its windy we better get it back to where it needs to be!!

Now mind you, 3 kids under 10 constructed this with no major problems until I got there..  :O(
So I am holding up 3 pieces of wood as Emily is slowly moving the 4th back into place.  Don't ask me why, don't ask me anything...otay?  But I let go of those 3 pieces and the whole dang tepee crashed to the ground.  I believe Emily had a nervous breakdown.  I truly do.  Her tears came from deep inside herself, crawled up her throat, out her mouth alerting our entire neighborhood of her distress.  All she could muster up was "it took us 2 hours to make this and you ruined it!!!!  Why?????"  Than she got out of control and continued to share that she hated me and threw something at me.  So not only did her heart get broken, she also ended up in trouble for speaking to me that way and throwing whatever it was she threw.  After about 45 minutes in her bedroom she was calm enough to apologize, and I did as well.  I explained it was an accident, and that no matter how angry a person gets, you never ever talk to your mom like that, and especially never hit her with her hands or anything else...  She went to bed with dry eyes and a calm sense.

I think with the nice weather today I will go out there and see if I can't try to reconstruct it for her and the other children so they can be surprised when they get home.  If I can do it that is.  I just have no talent for stuff like that....I never have.  I can sing, I can write poetry, but give me something to put together, even with instructions, and I have a very, very difficult time doing it.

So, Emily learned a good lesson last night.  And she also learned that being a kid can be tough at times...

:O)

Have a good day everyone!

OH!  And just for fun, because we live in a world where every other day we're being told that eating this causes that, not taking this will give you that..etc...
A quote from Mark Twain:

"Be careful about reading health books.  You may die of a misprint."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.