Thursday, March 3, 2011

Trouble Sleeping?

Last night I had Troy get me some Chinese Food because, well, because food always makes you feel better, right?  ;O)

When I opened up my fortune cookie this is what it said:

"Fear can keep us up all night long, but faith makes one fine pillow."

That really struck a chord with me.  It is so true.
If we just had enough faith, and enough submissiveness to hand it all over to God,
we'd be just fine!!  I know for me, I have no problem handing it all over to Him.  Its not taking it back I struggle with.  I know He knows best, I know I am in the best hands possible when He has all my worries, but I still want to take it back and try it "my way" again, and again and again.
Like Dr. Phil would say "How's that workin for ya"?
Not so good!!

As for the sleeping thing, its true.  I sleep horribly.  It takes me hours to fall asleep, and usually its because my mind won't shut up.  Thoughts race through my mind, worries, plans for the next day, etc...and once I finally fall asleep you bet I will be up atleast 3x that night, my mind picking up where it left off last.

So thank you, Mr. Fortune Cookie.
Today I will work on my faith, and not taking my worries back from God.
I think I'll try to let Him keep them this time.
Because faith makes one fine pillow.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.