Thursday, March 31, 2011

Singing and Songs always soothe my soul~

Ever since I was a little girl you would find me singing.  Oh how I loved to sing!!  My love for song continues throughout my life.  It has played many roles.  It is soothing at times, at times it is heart breaking, at times it is used as an outlet.  My love of music stopped for a while after Danny died.  Probably because we shared such a close love for it together...I often sang to his piano music.  He often called me up so I could hear the newest song he'd written, or just his own rendition of an already popular one.  I find myself being drawn back into the comfort of song as time heals my heart though...which brings me to this:

Last night I was watching American Idol, and this gal sang "Daniel" by Elton John.  **BAM** that's all it took.  I had to stop the tears that were begging to flow down my face as I listened to it...
I believe everyone has their own interpretation of every song out there, but boy I gotta tell you as I listened to her voice singing these lyrics, it brought forth some pretty major sadness...
The song is sung by Elton John, and here are the lyrics:


Daniel is travelling tonight on a plane
I can see the red tail lights heading for Spain
Oh and I can see Daniel waving goodbye
God it looks like Daniel, must be the clouds in my eyes

They say Spain is pretty though I've never been
Well Daniel says it's the best place that he's ever seen
Oh and he should know, he's been there enough
Lord I miss Daniel, oh I miss him so much

Daniel my brother you are older than me
Do you still feel the pain of the scars that won't heal
Your eyes have died but you see more than I
Daniel you're a star in the face of the sky

Daniel is travelling tonight on a plane
I can see the red tail lights heading for Spain
Oh and I can see Daniel waving goodbye
God it looks like Daniel, must be the clouds in my eyes
Oh God it looks like Daniel, must be the clouds in my eyes.....

Often when I am missing Danny, and if I'm home alone so I can allow myself to fully feel, I pull out and play his piano CD's.  So I pulled one out and the first song that started playing was "DANIEL"....Wow....
Just writing it makes me want to cry again...  :O)  (in a good way)

The next 3 songs were ones that I sang at church with his CD accompanying me in the background.
I sang my heart out to each and every one of those songs!!  I finished it with "It Is Well With My Soul".

"When peace like a river attendeth my way,
when sorrow like sea billows roll,
whatever my lot, thou has taught me to say it is well, it is well with my soul."

And indeed it is well with my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.