Monday, February 28, 2011

Bit of an emotional basket case...

Or that's how I feel today.  Maybe I'm tired from taking care of the sick children, and that is making me feel sad... and tired, or maybe I'm getting sick??  (Oh, no...please do NOT let it be that!!) Anyways...it  always amazes me that when I find myself feeling down, it always leads me back to Danny.  I mean, I guess in all reality 2 years isn't a lot of time.  But it still strikes me as strange at times.  I don't realize it until something happens like tonight.  The kids were watching  Good Luck Charlie, and it was the episode where baby Charlie is born.  I am on the computer, but hear them "ooohing and awwing" over the baby, and it brings immediate tears to my eyes, as my memory brings me back to when Danny was born.  How amazed I was with him.  How proud I was of him, and how much I loved him.  So here I am, still with a lump in my throat, and for some reason I just feel like sobbing...  ;O)  I suppose hearing cute little stories about his son, James always touches the soul too.  He is just is missing out on so much, and he is missed so much by so many people.  Why it always goes to him I don't know....My new normal I guess?
But I guess its OK to cry every now and then, isn't it?  Guess I will have to pay the bathroom a visit and cleanse the soul with some tears....
So....here is yet another toast to my brother.  I love him, and I miss him today.
And today would be a day that I would have called him to just say "Hi."

I feel better just writing about it.

1 comment:

  1. Just reading this brought tears to my eyes. It really doesn't take much to bring back memories of Danny. Crying is cleansing. God gave us tears for a reason. Once again I say God is good, He takes care of us even in the smallest ways, like allowing the tears to come, they give sweet relief when it seems to be needed the most.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.