Friday, February 11, 2011

The wonders of His works~

Good morning!!  On my way to get my 'Bou coffee I saw the most amazing sun rise.  I had to stop right there and just thank God for his works.  This beautiful canvas He created amazes me at times.  Just listening to birds singing in the morning, wind chimes blowing in the wind, full moons, the smell of autumn, beautiful frost on the trees in the morning.  There is much to be grateful for, isn't there?

Today I think I'll give my gratitude list:
I thank you Father for my salvation, my sobriety, for your long suffering, my parents, sister, brother in law, Sami, nieces, nephews, my husband, my children, my furry friends, (even my fish, because its a luxury).
So many simple things we take for granted...I am thankful for my home, tv, computer, bed, pillows, blankets, food, clothing, free education for the children, shoes that fit. 
I guess I should even be thankful for the stress in my life.  If I wasn't blessed with the family I have I would not get to experience the highs and lows of being a mother.  I wouldn't change it for the world. 

I also am thankful for Dr's who are able to properly diagnos and treat ailments, such as kidney stones....(this ones for you, Lisa...)  Lisa is in the hospital right now with a kidney infection and stones.  Say a prayer for a quick recovery.  I love you, sis!

I am off to conferences and a celebratory lunch with the kids and Julie.
We have to celebrate my graduation from my 1 year out patient recovery program!!

Yay God!!

I leave you with this reflection:

"Make me a channel of thy peace— that where
there is hatred, I may bring love— that where there is
wrong, I may bring the spirit of forgiveness— that where
there is discord, I may bring harmony— that where there is
error, I may bring truth— that where there is doubt, I may
bring faith— that where there is despair, I may bring hope
— that where there are shadows, I may bring light— that
where there is sadness, I may bring joy. Lord, grant that I
may seek rather to comfort than to be comforted— to understand,
than to be understood— to love, than to be loved.
For it is by self-forgetting that one finds. It is by forgiving
that one is forgiven. It is by dying that one awakens to Eternal
Life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.