Thursday, February 17, 2011

The song in her heart is restored at last~

Once upon a time there was a little girl who had a song in heart both day and night  (using this line from a poem my dad wrote me).  I was always singing as a child, I played with shampoo bottles (they were my friends with names and all), I loved to help cook and clean, and my heart was on fire for the Lord.  I saved all my pennies to give to the "starving kids in Africa", I was pen pals with the Missionaries from my church.
When I would help clean the church, my parents would give me a bit of money for the help.  I would go around singing "I got some money in my pocket and it jingle ling a lings".  I was sweet, kind, and caring.
One time I asked my mom if I could bring my blanket and go spend the night in Heaven just in case I didn't like it.  I wanted to check it out first~
I love being a big sister, and often would brag about how my brother's hair felt like butter.  Me and my sister were very close, often playing sisters...LOL
      As I got older, the storm clouds did gather, and the nights were so long, my trembling heart, silenced of song.  (more from my dad's poem)
This went on for quite some time.  I suffered much trauma as a teenager and young adult, building a wall around my heart to try to protect it from the pain I was enduring.
     It took me many, many years to evolve back to the person I am.  To allow the walls to come down.  To learn how to trust, and lean on God, and not my own understanding.  It took me years to stop using my past as my excuse.  I have a long way to go, but I work on it all the time.  I still have my issues, and there is still some walls that need to be tumbled down, but I am making it.  I am doing it.  I am going to be OK!!!
     I no longer blame my past for mistakes I've made.  I embrace all that has happened in my life, for it all has its purpose, and it has molded me into who I am supposed to be.  My purpose becomes clearer every day, and for that I thank God.  I thank God for the good, the bad, and the ugly.


And guess what?
The song in my heart has been restored at last.

1 comment:

  1. And we thank God for the changes you have made in your life. This one made me cry.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.