Monday, February 14, 2011

Home really is where the heart is~

Some might say its cliche`, I say its true.
Your home might be with children, or furry friends.  Your home might be just you.  You and your room mate, you and your spouse...the list goes on.  It doesn't really matter who is in your home, what matters is its home to you.  Its the safe place, the comfy place you long for when you've had to sleep somewhere else.  What is it that makes it so special?  Is it the homey smell of just "your house"?  Or is it the feeling of security you get from knowing it belongs to you?  Plopping down into your bed at night.  Nothing is better.  Using your own bathroom, sitting on your own couch.  Even if its a weekend away from the kids, you still long for home.  You are usually in the door and already  ready for another vacation, but you still want it, you still want to be in that familiar place.
I love my home.  I love the safety it provides me.  The stability it gives.  Knowing I have a husband and children who love me, who want me back when I'm gone.  These are the things I treasure. 
My life.  My home.  My peace.  My home is the only place that brings this to me, and for that I am grateful.

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you who may read this.  I've decided its not about "couples", its about love, as my niece put it.  So celebrate the ones you love today and every day.  Say it while you can.  Show it while you can. 
Thanks to my hubby for the beautiful card, flowers, and dinner.  We don't get out nearly enough alone, and it was nice.  We really should try to do that more often.

Today, I'll leave you with this:

The love that lasts the longest is the love that is never returned.

Love me when I least deserve it, because that's when I really need it

So great are the effectiveness and power of the Word of God that the more it is persecuted the more it flourishes and grows

While I know myself as a creation of God, I am also obligated to realize and remember that everyone else and everything else are also God's creation.

We are never defeated unless we give up on God.

Rejoice in the Lord for always~ again I say rejoice~

3 comments:

  1. love what you wrote good for all of us.... lv sv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, this is so true. There is no place like home. Dorothy had that one right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This world is not my home,
    I'm justa passin' through,
    My treasures are laid up,
    Somewhere beyond the blue,
    The angels beckon me,
    From Heaven's open door,
    And I can't feel at home,
    In this world any more!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.