Isn't it nice to know that when you're down on yourself about the way you look, or about getting older, some gray hairs, a new wrinkle, your jeans don't fit, a bad haircut....there is someone who thinks we are beautiful always and no matter what? I find that very comforting. Especially us women...we struggle with all this vanity, and worry about how others view us and are always putting ourselves down. Or at least I have a tendency to do that..(I don't think I'm alone). But 1 Samuel 16:7 says "For the Lord sees not as man sees; for man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart." Wow!! We are all made in God's image. We are all His children, and He loves US whether we need to lose 20, 30, even 100 pounds. He loves our wrinkles and all. That's because He doesn't care about those things!! He sees our hearts. Sure seems to me that we should probably start working a bit harder in that area. Don't get me wrong. Staying healthy is important, as our bodies are also the temple of God. But it sure feels darn good to know that He will think I'm beautiful no matter what that number on the scale says.
So here is to us women!! We need to embrace each other, and not judge. Not compare. Not beat ourselves up. We are loved. And we are beautiful!!
Amen again. We do need to remember this. It is very hard sometimes to do that, espcially as we get older in a society that caters to the young. God is good.
ReplyDeleteAnd a Hearty "Amen", yet again!
ReplyDeleteI was going to say, "Fat ladies always say that" But I figured I'd better ask Peggy if that was ok, you know, will it be funny or offensive. She said I shouldn't say anything unless it was nice . . . she knows best so I'm not sayin' it. I believe I'm fat and am embarassed by the way my body looks . . . but not enough to stop eating those little white powdered sugar Hostess donuts until I am stuffed and feeling quite satisfied. Amen to what Kristy said.
ReplyDeletegreat thoughts Kristi-
ReplyDelete