My family may think I'm a little crazy, but over the summer I have had the pleasure of observing the cuteness of Tree Frogs. Every night anywhere from 10 to 20 Tree Frogs plant themselves on my kitchen window for the evening. I turn the light on, and it becomes a feeding frenzy for them, as the moths and little insects are attracted to the light. These frogs are sooo cool!! I have developed a real fondness for them, and I hope they come back next year. They are fun to watch. Lately they have been eating these huge moths, (in comparison to their body size they are huge anyway). The first time I saw it I thought maybe a moth was trying to "attack" the frog so I ran out with a little stick and separated the two. But I have seen this almost every night since, and it is just a slow process for these little frogs to munch down on such a large dinner!! It seems like such a simple thing, and maybe it is. But it is a simple gift from God. One that I have thoroughly enjoyed over the summer, and I will miss as the weather turns cold and they go to their little hideaways until spring breaks again. I have been trying and trying to get cool pictures of these guys, but the best I can get is what I have here.
Others may or may not appreciate my little frogs, but someday my children will read this, and they are going to laugh and say "I remember when mom was soooo obsessed with those frogs!!!"
Which makes it worth it.
:O)
I surely will miss these adorable little guys when winter comes!! Stay safe my friends....(I told you I was a little crazy....)


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.