Thursday, January 29, 2015

Before and After Pics of Caleb's incision

Caleb came home Tuesday.  He is doing pretty good.  They used steri-strips to close his wound, and of course, before we even left the hospital the bottom portion tore open.   :(  which meant the stick stuff was now on his wound.  I had to leave the room.  Couldn't handle that one.  Troy was with him though.  They got that sucker taped nice and tight.  They also removed his drainage tube, and when they did, Caleb said "wow!  Was that thing tied to my toe?"  Amazing how much tube came out of that hole!!  He was coughing a bit this morning, and is napping during the day, but this is all normal.  His incision is getting blisters on it, and it itches like mad.  The hole where his tube came out isn't healed up yet, and looked like it had some pus in it today, so Troy flushed it out.  Hopefully nothing more will happen...
I am going to attach some pictures.  please be warned!  They are graphic.
But I do this blog for my children.  And someday Caleb will have this, and will want to be able to share this with his kids...
I am so proud of him.  His true character has shined throughout.  He quickly became many of the Doctor's and Nurses favorite patient...
I love you Caleb!  My Lubber!!

This pic has gauze in it, they had to pack it 2x a day...

Notice the tube?  And this is the incision in all its glory

Here he is taped up and ready to go home

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.